We are seeking an Office Administrator & Bookkeeper at our satellite office in Westland, MI.
Job Description and Duties:
- Assists in the preparation of department budgets and expenses
- Assists office staff in maintaining files and databases
- Prepares reports, presentations, memorandums, proposals and correspondence
- Assists with daily duties related to accounting and contract program control.
- Records Accounts Receivable transactions – invoices and payments
- Records Accounts Payable transactions – bills
- Post and Reconcile Bank Statements and Credit Card Statements
- Develop invoices for Commercial Customers
- Process, post, and reverse monthly accruals
- Provide various reports through report generators
- Track and maintain supplementary data in Excel
- Setup new contracts in the accounting system
- Update and maintain contract information in the accounting system and external reports
- Assist with timecard administration in the accounting system
- Serve as a backup to Sr. Accountant / Project Controller
Education and Experience
- Certificate in Accounting, AA, or BS in Accounting, preferred. One (1) to three (3) years of experience in accounting.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask and meet changing deadlines
- Must be self-directed and able to complete projects with limited supervision
- Experience with company-level accounting systems and demonstrates the ability to learn new software systems.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Exceptional integrity and character, with the ability to operate independently.
- Detail oriented and works with a high degree of accuracy
- Communicating and working with management and senior level employees.
Applications accepted until the position is filled.
Job Type: Full-time